This training program is specifically designed to provide administrators of schools which have new or reorganized (e.g., new members, new structure) school building I&RS teams with basic information, materials and skills to help them support the effective implementation of N.J.A.C. 6A:16-8. Professional development credits will be offered to participants.
As a result of their participation in this technical support program participants will be able to:
1. Summarize the provisions of administrative code (N.J.A.C. 6A:16-8) for the implementation of I&RS.
2. Explain the benefits and purposes of using the building-based multidisciplinary team model as a best practice for addressing academic, behavior and health barriers for students in grades K-12.
3. Identify the theoretical and research underpinnings of the I&RS multidisciplinary team model.
4. Describe and identify the importance of each of the following components of the NJDOE?s best practice model for the implementation of I&RS:
a. Procedures for identifying and assisting students with academic, behavior and health problems.
b. A systematic problem-solving process for the creative and resourceful resolution of identified educational problems.
c. The characteristics of an effective consultation model.
d. The review of the building?s system of I&RS in order to make recommendations for improving school programs and services.
5. Develop a plan of action for I&RS program implementation.
6. Apply research-based principles and practices to the planning, management and maintenance of building-based I&RS teams.
7. Describe the importance of developing collaborative relationships with diverse school and community resources in support of I&RS activities.
8. Describe applications of the I&RS program that support school-wide planning.
Audience: I&RS Team Leaders and School Administrators
Workshop Code: F18009
Dates: Tuesday November 14, 2017
From: 9:00 to: 1:00
Cost: $130 OR 5 ETTC Hour(s). For info on membership, call the ETTC.
Instructor: Dennis Burd
Location: SRI & ETTC - Meeting Rooms 107A - 109A
|3-Day Accelerated Group Policy Master Class with Group Policy MVP Jeremy Moskowitz|
Visit our special projects page to learn more about grants and other classroom activities.
Online registration is the easy way to sign up for our classes. To find details, description and location for a particular workshop, click on the workshop name found through the search windows above.
Please be advised that by registering for an SRI&ETTC workshop you are liable for the workshop registration fee. If your school district does not pay the registration fee you will be billed by Stockton University. If you need to cancel your registration, please see the Cancellation Policy below.
If you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact the SRI&ETTC at 609-626-3850.
You can withdraw from a workshop at no cost, up until two weeks before the workshop date. Please notify us of your cancellation by mail, telephone or fax. Withdrawals within two weeks prior to workshop date will forfeit half of the registration fee. No-shows on the day of the workshop will forfeit the entire registration fee.
(workshops that are scheduled in within the next 45 days)
New I&RS Offerings Currently Being Scheduled for 2017-2018
Please Check Back