For more information on Intervention & Referral Services Public and Custom Programming please click here
ETTC Intervention & Referral Services Workshops:
Intervention and Referral Services (I&RS) One Day Team Training is designed to provide schools which have new or reorganized (e.g, new members, new structure) school building I&RS teams with basic information, materials and skills to help them fulfill the regulatory requirements for the planning, development, implementation and maintenance of programs of I&RS (N.J.A.C. 6A:16-8). Workshop focus will include identifying and addressing academic, behavior and health issues and developing effective intervention strategies and action plans.
Participants will be able to perform the following tasks as a result of their participation in this program:
1. Summarize the provisions of administrative code (N.J.A.C. 6A:16-8) for the implementation of I&RS.
2. Explain the benefits and purposes of using the building-based multidisciplinary team model as a best practice for addressing academic, behavior and health issues for students in grades K-12.
3. Identify the theoretical and research underpinnings of the I&RS multidisciplinary team model.
4. Apply the procedures for identifying and assisting students with academic, behavior and health issues.
5. Employ a systematic problem-solving process for the creative and resourceful resolution of identified educational issues.
6. Provide effective consultations with students? parents and with school staff who request assistance for educational issues.
7. Review information gathered and the actions taken as a result of the building's system of I&RS and make recommendations to the principal for improving school programs and services.
8. Develop a plan of action for I&RS program implementation.
9. Apply research-based principles and practices to the planning, management and maintenance of building-based I&RS teams.
10. Describe the importance of developing collaborative relationships with diverse school and community resources in support of I&RS activities.
11. Describe applications of the I&RS program that support school-wide planning.
12. Describe the importance of collecting data and utilizing data-driven decision-making in the I&RS process.Audience: I&RS Team Members, School Administrators, Social Workers or Guidance Counselors working with Grades K-12
Workshop Code: W19003
Dates: Thursday, December 13, 2018
From: 9:00 to: 3:00
Cost: $178 OR 7 ETTC Hour(s). For info on membership, call the ETTC.
Instructor: Dennis Burd
Location: SRI & ETTC - Meeting Rooms 107A - 109A
10 West Jimmie Leeds Road, Galloway, NJ 08205. If you have any questions or concerns, send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
See My Workshops tab to the right.
New I&RS Offerings Currently Being Scheduled for 2017-2018
Please Check Back