For more information on Intervention & Referral Services Public and Custom Programming please click here
ETTC Intervention & Referral Services Workshops:
This training program is specifically designed to provide administrators of schools which have new or reorganized (e.g., new members, new structure) school building I&RS teams with basic information, materials and skills to help them support the effective implementation of N.J.A.C. 6A:16-8. Professional development credits will be offered to participants.
As a result of their participation in this technical support program participants will be able to:
1. Summarize the provisions of administrative code (N.J.A.C. 6A:16-8) for the implementation of I&RS.
2. Explain the benefits and purposes of using the building-based multidisciplinary team model as a best practice for addressing academic, behavior and health barriers for students in grades K-12.
3. Identify the theoretical and research underpinnings of the I&RS multidisciplinary team model.
4. Describe and identify the importance of each of the following components of the NJDOE?s best practice model for the implementation of I&RS:
a. Procedures for identifying and assisting students with academic, behavior and health problems.
b. A systematic problem-solving process for the creative and resourceful resolution of identified educational problems.
c. The characteristics of an effective consultation model.
d. The review of the building?s system of I&RS in order to make recommendations for improving school programs and services.
5. Develop a plan of action for I&RS program implementation.
6. Apply research-based principles and practices to the planning, management and maintenance of building-based I&RS teams.
7. Describe the importance of developing collaborative relationships with diverse school and community resources in support of I&RS activities.
8. Describe applications of the I&RS program that support school-wide planning.
Audience: I&RS Team Leaders and School Administrators
Workshop Code: W17024
Dates: Tuesday, May 16, 2017
From: 9:00 to: 1:00
Cost: $130 OR 5 ETTC Hour(s). For info on membership, call the ETTC.
Instructor: Dennis Burd
Location: SRI & ETTC - Meeting Rooms 107A - 108A
10 West Jimmie Leeds Road, Galloway, NJ 08205. If you have any questions or concerns, send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
See My Workshops tab to the right.
New I&RS Offerings Currently Being Scheduled for 2016-2017
Please Check Back